Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tasty and Healthy Dinner!


I had a couple friends over for dinner last night and cooked a delicious and very healthy/low calorie dinner. I love finding recipes that make me feel like I'm indulging, but do not make me feel guilty at all. Below is a great chicken recipe and two sides. Feel free to cook them all together or just try one, but I highly suggest them all, especially the potatoes! For a change, I am not going to write out the recipes because in this instance I actually did not change much. Below I have indicated what few changes I did make and also some changes that would be interesting for the future.

Braised Balsamic Chicken
Fire Level: yellow
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. You can link to it here. I followed this recipe exactly and didn't make any changes.
Changes I would have made: You know me, I like my food a bit spicy. I would have added some red pepper flakes or some cayenne pepper to this to spice it up. It would also be good to add some jalepeno and serve this as a Mexican dish.

The sides I took from this month's Cooking Light magazine. They are also online and pretty easy!

Rosemary Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
Fire Level: yellow
You can access the link to this recipe here.
Changes I made: The only change I made to this was to sprinkle some garlic powder over the potatoes in addition to the seasonings in the recipe.

Buttered Green Beans and Mushrooms
Fire Level: yellow
You can access this recipe here.
Changes I made: I didn't use two types of mushrooms in this. I just sliced up button mushrooms and kept with that. It was delicious though!

Other Suggestions
For dinner tonight I felt like a delicious salad. I threw the left over, cold mushroom green beans onto my mixed greens, diced tomatoes, chopped bell peppers, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette. It was delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment