Friday, October 8, 2010

The Best Sugar Cookies!!


Today I surprised Zerek with TCU cookies for the tailgate/game tomorrow! I made them the other night and sent them down to Dallas overnight. I love this sugar cookie recipe. It's been passed down in my family for a while and I'd love to share it with you guys. I put blue and red food coloring in the cookie dough to make it purple and I bought white frosting and dyed some of it purple too in order to add TCU onto the white frosting. I think it's the almond extract that makes these sugar cookies taste so unique!

Almond Sugar Cookies
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. almond extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt

STEP 1: Preheat
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees

STEP 2: Mix
Mix the sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract, and egg in a bowl until it is creamy.

STEP 3: Add dry ingredients
Add the flour, baking powder, and the salt.

STEP 4: Choose your shape
My family has made these in two different ways. One is the traditional cookie-cooking way. Use a teaspoon to put a dolup of dough onto a greased cookie sheet. The other way is to spread the entire batter over a greased cookie sheet, making more of a cookie cake.

STEP 5: Cool
Once the cookies have become brown just around the edge, remove them from the oven to cool. If you made the cookie sheet you can stick a toothpick into the center to make sure it is done. Let them cool. Frost with your favorite frosting flavor. Then, if you made the sheet, cut them into strips to make cookie bars.

STEP 6: Enjoy
Enjoy some of my favorite cookies! Make sure you share. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment