Monday, October 11, 2010

Balsamic Vinaigrette


I've been eating a lot of salads lately. My biggest problem with salads is finding a dressing that is not loaded with fat but is still tasty. I am a HUGE fan of ranch dressing, but let's be honest, I might as well eat french fries because ranch negates the point of eating a "healthy" salad. So, I have harkened back to my days of living in Paris when Pascale and I made our own dressing. We always made a dijon red wine vinaigrette but these days I'm a balsamic girl. So whip out those wild greens, red tomatoes, and whatever fresh vegetables you can find as we move into fall and try this really easy dressing below.

Balsamic Vinaigrette

Fire Level: yellow

INGREDIENTS
  • 3 tablespoons EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
  • 1.5 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (it depends how vinegary you like your dressing. I usually put 2 tablespoons in mine but some people like to taste the olive oil. If that is the case go with 1 1/2 or even 1 tablespoon)
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon thyme
  • A few shakes of salt
  • A few shakes of black pepper

Mix it all up and enjoy! If you don't have one, I suggest going to your local grocery store and buying a mixer like the one in the picture. It's usually over by the oil and vinegar. All you do is pour all your ingredients in and shake it up. Simple as that!

No comments:

Post a Comment