Thursday, September 9, 2010

Recipe Layouts

Before we get started...

I was going to start my blog off with the incredible Monte Cristo Kahlua Pork Egg Rolls Zerek and I made last weekend, but as I was writing out the recipe it became so long that I was afraid I’d scare you all away with a complicated first recipe. Therefore, I decided I would start off with a much simpler recipe. Also, one that you can take to your favorite tailgate this weekend! I also want to get you accustomed to the layout I will use for my entries.

  • I will start off with an introduction – telling you perhaps where and when I use it, how I came about it, etc.
  • I am the fiery foodie and that doesn’t just pertain to my personality (although I am an Aries so you can usually expect a lot of emotion in my writing and in my life). But, it also means that sometimes I like to make things a little spicy! At the beginning of each recipe I’ll give a spiciness rating if it pertains to the dish: Yellow (no spice), Orange (a little bit), Red (pretty spicy), and Blue (so spicy that I can’t stand it but then again, I can be a wimp). Sometimes I will give a range of spiciness and throughout the recipe I’ll make suggestions on how to tone up or down the heat.
  • Then I’ll follow with the typical ingredient list and step-by-step instructions. I will finish with some pairing suggestions or ideas of what to do with the leftovers. So, let’s get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment