This soup is super easy to make and can last you multiple meals. I divide it up into 3 GIANT bowls. :-)
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 sweet, yellow onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 can sweet corn (unsalted), or 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can black beans (unsalted)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (unsalted)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 11 oz. of shredded chicken (I usually grab from a rotisserie chicken I've broken down)
- 1 packet of organic taco seasoning
- 1/2 packet of Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt ranch seasoning
- Pour EVOO, garlic, onion and bell peppers into a large soup pot. Cook until onions are starting to turn translucent.
- Add corn, beans, and tomatoes. Cook for about a minute to get them warm.
- Add tomato sauce, chicken broth, seasonings and shredded chicken.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 45 minutes.
Spice it Up:
There are a few ways to spice up this dish.
- You can dice up 1 jalepeno and include it at the same stage you add the bell peppers. This will add some extra heat to your entire pot of soup.
- Add pickled jalapeno and hot sauce to your finished product. This allows you to customize your heat level per bowl of soup. Some days you might want to have it super hot, other times not so much... this option allows you to customize it your way.