Friday, September 30, 2011

The Great Apple Debate



I love this time of year. There are apples, apples everywhere! I never used to be a big apple fan. I think it was the texture/thought of biting into it that bothered me, however recently there have been many nutrition articles about how good they are for you. They are wonderful for staying full, healthy and fit, so I decided to go on a quest. I am going to try every kind of apple I come across and determine which ones are my favorite. Here is what I have tried so far:






Honeycrisp: These are my favorite so far. They are kind of big so I actually get full eating one, but they are juicy and have a slight sweetness to them. The flavor is delicious!






Granny Smith: One of the most popular apples, these are easy to find, but are extremely sour. I can't eat one very easily buy itself. I either have to mix it with yogurt or eat it with peanut butter.






Golden Delicioius: I think this apple isn't crispy enough for me. It's kind of soft in the middle and doesn't have a whole lot of flavor.






I am going to continue to update this list as I try more kinds. Any recommendations?

1 comment: